I generally just introduce myself, acknowledge the fact that they're busy running their business and that I'm not calling to sell them anything. I quickly explain that we have placed their business in the directory at no cost to them, but that it is in everyone's best interest that the information be correct. I ask for their email so that I can send them a link to their listing, along with a user ID and password. I tell them to review the listing and with their credentials they can log in and make any chances required. I also tell them that it's fine to call me and I'll do it for them.

when_not_like

People keep bringing this up, but I just don't get. I have never, once, not a single-solitary time had anyone contact me to remove them from a directory. Additionally, whenever I would call someone and tell them they had a free listing, they were delighted.

when_not_like

The whole "it was on the Internet, so it must be public domain" argument has made a lot of IP lawyers a lot of money over the years. Back in the Made for Adsense heyday, content thieves made the same argument, that it was available to the public and the owner of the content should be happy for the exposure.

when_not_like

I never bother with SEO on directory sites. They are promoted locally through print ads in business and professional group organs, as well strategically placed billboards. Domain name, only. Big and bold. No phone number. Quite inexpensive in my area.

when_not_like

If you PM me, I will be happy to supply you with my list broker. I am not an affiliate and make nothing for the referral. I will warn you in advance, they are the most expensive company, but I have always been satisfied with the numerous number of lists I have bought from them, over the years. I have found over a long business career that if you just bite the bullet and make a good investment on your first purchase, usually a second source and a repurchase won't be required. I have never saved money when attempting to save money. In the end it will bite you in the ass and you will regret your decision to not do it right, the first time

when_not_like